Saturday, November 13, 2010

I love my bed.

it's winter. I know it happens every year, but every year I'm not ready for it, and usually, every year I get depressed and stressed. this year may be worse due to financial shortage. I guess I'm finally feeling the pinch just like so many others the world over. at least I have a bed with warm blankets and enough food. Bed is nice, I really never enjoy leaving it, although recently I have tried to limit the time I spend there, as it was reaching unsafe levels.. :) sorry about that, I don't normally use smileys, I feel that they degrade conversation, and since blogging is conversation with oneself, neither should they have a place here. this obsession among youth to degrade language has been a bone of contention with me for some time, and despite the fact it has even grabbed me myself with its slimy tentacles, (I sometimes find myself abbreviating, non-capitalizing, and, God forbid, omitting an apostrophe) I try to advocate use of proper language in the interwebbloggo-ethersphere. However, I find that in the digital age, the decline in proper speech has spread not only to the written/typed format, but subsequently to the spoken form of a language. this scares me. I can understand teenagers with their OMGs and LOLs online; but when they start using these phrases in everyday speech is when I become a grumpy old man. in fact most popular culture references leave me feeling a little out of the loop. boo hoo. I'm happy in my own little world and the less I know about what is currently 'hip' the more content I am. I'm beginning to believe some of those conspiracy theorists who claim 'they' are trying to dumb down the world. No need to try baby; it's already happened.
something to think about eh?
peace out.
Drmo

No comments:

Post a Comment