Tuesday, October 26, 2010

relax, it's only a barbecue turkey drumstick

so the 1980s recently experienced a resurgence in popularity in the mainstream pop culture, fashion, music and hairstyles harking back to that unforgettable decade. I'm not too up to date on the way fashions go, but it seems that that has now gone by the wayside, to be replaced by... I don't know what? anyhow, this has not stopped me listening to my "101 Hits of the 80s" cds; or playing air drums along to big tunes, one of my favourites being "Born in the U.S.A." by the inimitable Bruce and the E Street Band. On a totally different note, we could have done without the rambling saxophone wailings of Kenny G, no matter what decade he produced them in...
and one of my favourite things about America is that you can get turkey at any time of year, not just at Christmas. however, their predilection to put barbecue sauce on things rather irritates me. not that I have anything against barbecue sauce, I just don't particularly want it on my turkey leg. keep it for the pulled pork. speaking of which, I know a really nice barbecue place in Talladega, Alabama called B&B Wings, just in case anyone happens to be near there anytime. I'm not sure where it is exactly, but there's a Wal-Mart across the road. Wal-Mart is an amazing shop. I really think that Wal-Mart deserves a blog of its own. I'm going to go on a trip to Wal-Mart over the next few days and then post about it. it can be an epic adventure in its own right.
until next time...
may you have the Midas Touch.
Dermo

No comments:

Post a Comment