Wednesday, October 27, 2010

a blog and verse

I love warm rain. I'd forgotten this until just now, since I haven't experienced it in a while. In North Carolina now, and the heavy, thundery sky that's been threatening all day finally let go.
The heavy warmth of the pelting rain
Soaks the trees and cleans the ground again
plasters my hair down on my scalp
and reminds me of summer skies

So that's about it. the only other experience of note to happen lately was a late-night shopping trip in the Bronx to a very seedy supermarket. originally it was a beer run, but became so much more, an adventure in itself, with humorous consequences, not least of which was me eating an 88c dinner. that tends to happen with late-night beer stops..

I also am very glad that Time Life have come up with a new compilation, and an infomercial to go with it. I was addicted to the infomercial for the "Superstars of Country" collection, but that was four years ago, and it was high time for a new one. I don't know if it's made it to Ireland yet, but saw one for a "Singers and Songwriters" collection, hosted by the band "America". many many good tunes.
so that's it. go out and play.
Until next time.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment