Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thoughts on a rainy night

In the dark hours of night with the sodium glow
permeating the sky and making me feel low
I stand in the downpour and get soaked to the skin
I raise my face to the sky and senses reel in
they've been gone for a while, as I wandered in rags
accosting strangers and tourists begging for fags
screaming at ghosts, clawing at the air
sleeping with women who weren't really there
I met cowboys and Indians, liars and crooks
I met men who appeared from the pages of books
they taught me to see the real world that we're in
I tried to warn people, but they wouldn't listen
they call me a madman, a hobo, a drunk,
it seemed like my senses were all in a funk
but the rain washes away my physical sheen
my body is ready, my mind is pristine
I'm watching them both from a really great height
And I know the rain can't wash away the truth in the night

No comments:

Post a Comment